Victorian Furniture Appraisal

assessments Victorian Furniture Appraisal

With other assessment/appraisal services you may get someone who appraises beanie babies and porcelain reviewing your Victorian antique furniture. Here you will get an antique furniture assessment from someone that researches Victorian-era antiques exclusively.

What the assessment will provide:

Age/Date of Manufacture:
Victorian Period/Sub-Style:
Style Cues:
Composition:
Attribution to maker (if possible):
Geographic Origin (if possible):
Which Reference Books Have Pictures of Your Item (if possible):

COMPARABLE PRICES:
Recent/Current Ebay Prices:
Auction Prices (back several years):
Approximate Ebay Sale Potential:
Approximate Auction Sale Potential:
Insurance Value:

For an assessment of your furniture, you will need to provide as many clear pictures as possible. Send these photos to info@rarevictorian.com after payment. Please allow 2-7 days for the report to be completed. If you would like an express service (within 24 hours), please inquire via email to info@rarevictorian.com for accommodation.

The service fee is $39.00

Currently not available.

Kim Steinbruck September 10, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Is the $39 fee per item? I have several pieces of what I believe to be Victorian furniture that I’d love to have appraised – by someone who knows this period. Please let me know. Thank you so much.

– Kim

John Werry September 12, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Yes per item or per related items (matching parlor set).

Gina Dukes April 4, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I just purchased a Victorian sofa/lounger and was told it was used at a prop in the 1999 movie, “Three To Tango.” It is intricately carved with roses and grapes. I believe it may be a John Henry Belter piece. Is there a place on the sofa that a maker’s mark would be? Thanks.

Scott January 19, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Hi. I’m pretty sure I have a Merclen Brothers two tier spiral leg table. Did they have some kind of symbol they put on their work?
Best,
Scott

John Werry June 4, 2014 at 10:27 am

No they didn’t mark them

Lissa July 10, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Thank you I will take clear pictures and do the quote I believe fully that I have a beautiful R. J. Horner Chair…I have searched the internet high and low and cannot even find one that looks like it the carvings are beautiful! Thank you so excited to find out for sure!!