Herter Brothers Inlaid Aesthetic Movement Table
Several visitors have come to the site looking for Herter pieces so I am profiling this parlor table attributed to Herter Brothers by the seller, Bradfords Antiques. I will leave the description to Bradfords below, but will first let you know that the listing runs until February 27th and as of today, the price stands at $2,550 with the reserve not met. It’s likely only at a fraction of the reserve with much headroom to make up.
From the listing:
- This table has All the Earmarks and Styles that say Herter Brothers!
- The very Finest Inlay Work I have Ever Seen
- Micro Fine Detail
- Tiny Birds and even Butterflys
- The Legs are Truly Herter in Design with the Heads with Large Ebonized Scrolls on the Sides and Fish Scales on the Front and Sides
- Of course they Terminate in Claw Feet
- Herter was Known for His Claw Footed Inlaid Parlor Tables
- Also Note the Ebonizing and Gold Leaf work in this Beautiful Original Finish
- Herter Loved to use the Stylized Spade on his Furniture. This table has the Everywhere: on the tops of the Legs; on the Head of the Gargoyle and on the Stretcher
- Beautiful Burled Walnut Raised Panels and Burled Serpentine Skirt, with Drapes and Medallions
- Be sure and Take a Good Look at the Underside of this Table; the skirt is almost 3″ thick in some places and the Drapes are 2.5″ thick, everything is the Finest Construction you will ever see!
- Height: 29.5 inches
- Length: 43.5 inches
- Width: 28.5 inches